Freading – eBooks from the Library
Freading is a service available to anyone with a library card from Somerset or any other library in the IFLS System. Ebooks can be read on phones and tablets with the Freading app, or on PC with the Adobe Digital Editions software, both of which are free.
Instructions for Freading on Phones/Tablets:
- Download the Freading App from the App Store
- Open the app. It will ask you for an Adobe ID, which you can make for free here
- Click the “Get Books” button along the bottom of the screen, and then the login button at the top of the screen
- To find the library, type 54025 in the zip code box, click Find Library, and select the result that comes up, MORE
- Enter your card number and last name to login
Instructions for Freading on PC:
- Click the Freading image above to get to the site
- Click the Login button at the upper right of the page
- Enter your card number and last name to login, then accept Terms and Conditions
- Download the Adobe Digital Editions software
- Open the software. It will ask you for an Adobe ID, which you can make for free here.
- To read an ebook, download it from the Freading site. Then open the Adobe Digital Editions software, and drag the downloaded file into the application